2022 YEAR IN REVIEW: CENTRIC CARES BUILDS COMMUNITY TO DRIVE IMPACT
December 31, 2022
As 2022 comes to a close, we are excited to share our philanthropic milestones and the moments that made this year special, for our associates and the communities where we live and do business.
Below are a few highlights of how we advanced our philanthropic mission this year:
- Centric Brands launched Centric Cares, a three-pillar social impact program that combines in-kind donations, corporate giving, and volunteer opportunities across the organization. Read more on WWD here.
- Centric Cares launched Creators for a Cause, an internal product series that showcases the Company’s pride of creation culture and highlights the incredible design talents of our colleagues. Creators within Centric Brands design limited edition products available for purchase exclusively by Centric colleagues. 100% of the proceeds are donated to a non-profit chosen by the designer each month. Learn more about the program here.
- Brands and divisions donated over 83,500 units of product to partner organizations. These donations included children’s clothing, school uniforms, backpacks and school supplies, women’s and men’s apparel, cold-weather accessories, socks, fabric, and jewelry.
- Through our new Volunteer Portal, associates donated 2,368 hours this past year to volunteer initiatives. Programs spanned from collecting trash and recyclables in local community parks and piers, to packaging and preparing meals for the sick and elderly, to wrapping and delivering holiday presents to children and families in need. Read more on our National Volunteer Month initiatives and our 10 Days of Giving Program.
- Centric Cares supported over 40 global nonprofits. Some of our partners include: Delivering Good, NAMI, It Gets Better Project, WHEDco, HAUP, God’s Love We Deliver, Backpack Beginnings, Family Success Center, Batshaw Youth and Family Centre, Cherry Kids, Inc., Covenant House California, Covenant House New York, Moisson Montreal, Second Harvest Food Bank, among others.
- Centric Cares took immediate action in response to global epidemics, including donating to Everytown for Gun Safety, providing over 2,000 units of clothing and toiletries for refugees entering New York City, and supporting the Ukrainian people by donating to humanitarian efforts on the ground through Save the Children and UNHCR and shipping over 700 units of cold-weather apparel to Ukrainian orphan refugees living in Poland.
- In total, Centric Brands contributed over $2.7M in in-kind and monetary donations.
As Centric Cares continues to grow, we look forward to continuing to build community and drive an even greater impact in 2023.